Sameer CarimProgramme Director DigalanceProgramme Office
• Telecom IT professional with 11 years of extensive experience across Africa and Middle East. Has worked in several start-up telecommunications operations into the maturity phase. Operations fall within the large telecommunications operations category exceeding more than 40m subscribers
• Extensive experience in a Group Information Technology governance role as well in assisting the Telco’s transition from a traditional Operator to a converged Digital Operator. This has involved rethinking the IT architecture for agility and an increase in focus in using Business Intelligence for customer insights and Value management.
Manage the Telecom Business and Operations Support
• Systems/Applications (BSS/OSS) such as Customer Care & Billing
• Interconnect Billing & ERP
• Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing, CDR/EDR
• Mediation, Provisioning, Fraud Prevention & Revenue Assurance Financial Management,
• Human Resource Management,Invoice Designing, HLRs, and IN Platforms.
• ITIL Service Management
Has successfully worked in environments where language and culture can potentially become a challenge.
Much of the work delivered has been in environments were projects can potentially overrun because of logistics and supply chain challenges in Africa. Access to resources are limited.
Have worked in multicultural environments on various domestic and international assignments including Middle East and Africa.
• Global IT Delivery & Program /Project Management
• IT Shared Services Implementation (Operating Models development & Rollout)
• IT Standardization & Transformation
• IT Outsourcing (Multivendor & Single Vendor Managed Services)
• IT Service Delivery & ITIL Service Management
• RFPs / Contract Preparation, Negotiations & Management
• Business Intelligence – in a box concept
• Implemented Big Data Store
• IT Governance
• IT Strategic Management
• IT Operations Management
• Data Migration
• IT Budget & Cost Control
• Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Processes Development
• Microsoft Client Server
• Technical Support Manager
• Implemented and operationalised as Standardised Enterprise Data Warehousing Solution in 22 Operations across the MTN landscape. I was accountable to ensure that a standardised Data Warehousing solution was rolled out and integrated to all IT and Network Systems in the Operations. Achieved this standardastion project in 3 years.
• Implemented a new Mobile Money Platform across (Ericcson Charging Wallet Solution) across 11 Operations in MTN operations
• Implemented an Advance Analytics solution together with a Loyalty and Campaign management solution across MTNs operations
• Setup an Shared Services 1st in MTN in Uganda hosting 4 countries -Rwanda, Uganda, Swaziland and Zambia. The Shared services provided all IT services based in Uganda to the 4 operations. I was accountable to define all Service Management disciplines and contracts with partners to manage the operations. I also was involved in ensuring the governance setup for managing the shared services entity and transitioning the local operations from a in country model to a shared services platform
• Transformed and standardisation of BSS operations in Shared Services. This involved replacing all legacy systems in the 4 countries and replacing with the new standardised Billing and Operations systems. Implementing a Converged Prepaid platform and introducing a SOA layer. Standardising the provisioning systems from a distributed to a single flow system
• Implemented a unified provisioning system in Iran
• I was instrumental in Iran Start-up of the MTN Telecommunications business – I was involved is establishing , training, recruiting , designing and operational running of the Service Management and Helpdesk.
• I was the key driver in the replacement of the CORE systems in MTN Irancell from the SWOP of a Nokia to a Huawei
• Was also part of the Startup team in Nigeria – implementing the Client Server systems and operationalising the systems