• Telecom IT professional with 11 years of extensive experience across Africa and Middle East. Has worked in several start-up telecommunications operations into the maturity phase. Operations fall within the large telecommunications operations category exceeding more than 40m subscribers
• Extensive experience in a Group Information Technology governance role as well in assisting the Telco’s transition from a traditional Operator to a converged Digital Operator. This has involved rethinking the IT architecture for agility and an increase in focus in using Business Intelligence for customer insights and Value management.
Manage the Telecom Business and Operations Support
• Systems/Applications (BSS/OSS) such as Customer Care & Billing
• Interconnect Billing & ERP
• Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing, CDR/EDR
• Mediation, Provisioning, Fraud Prevention & Revenue Assurance Financial Management,
• Human Resource Management,Invoice Designing, HLRs, and IN Platforms.
• ITIL Service Management
Has successfully worked in environments where language and culture can potentially become a challenge.
Much of the work delivered has been in environments were projects can potentially overrun because of logistics and supply chain challenges in Africa. Access to resources are limited.
Have worked in multicultural environments on various domestic and international assignments including Middle East and Africa.
• Global IT Delivery & Program /Project Management
• IT Shared Services Implementation (Operating Models development & Rollout)
• IT Standardization & Transformation
• IT Outsourcing (Multivendor & Single Vendor Managed Services)
• IT Service Delivery & ITIL Service Management
• RFPs / Contract Preparation, Negotiations & Management
• Business Intelligence – in a box concept
• Implemented Big Data Store
• IT Governance
• IT Strategic Management
• IT Operations Management
• Data Migration
• IT Budget & Cost Control
• Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Processes Development
• Microsoft Client Server
• Technical Support Manager
• Implemented and operationalised as Standardised Enterprise Data Warehousing Solution in 22 Operations across the MTN landscape. I was accountable to ensure that a standardised Data Warehousing solution was rolled out and integrated to all IT and Network Systems in the Operations. Achieved this standardastion project in 3 years.
• Implemented a new Mobile Money Platform across (Ericcson Charging Wallet Solution) across 11 Operations in MTN operations
• Implemented an Advance Analytics solution together with a Loyalty and Campaign management solution across MTNs operations
• Setup an Shared Services 1st in MTN in Uganda hosting 4 countries -Rwanda, Uganda, Swaziland and Zambia. The Shared services provided all IT services based in Uganda to the 4 operations. I was accountable to define all Service Management disciplines and contracts with partners to manage the operations. I also was involved in ensuring the governance setup for managing the shared services entity and transitioning the local operations from a in country model to a shared services platform
• Transformed and standardisation of BSS operations in Shared Services. This involved replacing all legacy systems in the 4 countries and replacing with the new standardised Billing and Operations systems. Implementing a Converged Prepaid platform and introducing a SOA layer. Standardising the provisioning systems from a distributed to a single flow system
• Implemented a unified provisioning system in Iran
• I was instrumental in Iran Start-up of the MTN Telecommunications business – I was involved is establishing , training, recruiting , designing and operational running of the Service Management and Helpdesk.
• I was the key driver in the replacement of the CORE systems in MTN Irancell from the SWOP of a Nokia to a Huawei
• Was also part of the Startup team in Nigeria – implementing the Client Server systems and operationalising the systems
I have a technical background,starting my career as a mainframe applications programmer and later as a software support engineer for database systems, metadata repositories,programming languages and real-time manufacturing systems. While managing a national technical support team for ICL/Fujitsu I gained further management and business experience. I held various management positions in technology marketing and pre-sales support, I joined, and later managed, corporate sales teams for multinational technology and services companies, specializing in telecommunications and service providers.
I held various sales positions as major account manager, telecommunications industry sales manager (across Africa), and regional sales manager (Western Africa) in two multinational technology and services companies (ICL/Fujitsu and Sun/Oracle) where the critical success factor was building strong and lasting customer relationships.
I worked with the local Operating Companies as well as dealt with the Group entities for Procurement and Technology of various multinational Telecommunications companies in 21 African countries. As such, I have extensive experience with working with diverse teams in challenging environments, managing demanding sales expectations while ensuring customer satisfaction and service delivery.
I am passionate about 4×4’s and travelling inn ature so I took four years off to establish and run companies in the nutrition, tourism and safari industry in Namibia.
I joined MTN Group in Dubai on 1 August 2013, where I was responsible for Service Delivery on the Global IP/MPLS network and all Group Enterprise Platforms including Cloud Services and Machine to Machine.
In my free time I fix Land Rovers. Between breakdowns, I like to explore Africa.
Specialties: Telecommunications Sales Management. Enterprise Hardware, Enterprise Storage, African ITS and Telecommunications markets. Professional Overland Guide. Land Rover Fixer.
Technology and business visionary with executive and hand-on experience in the ICT industry. Strong record of success in creating robust ICT architecture and solutions. Proven ability to bring the benefits of IT to solve business issues while managing cost and risk.
• Creates innovative solutions to unique challenges.
• Thrives in fast paced, high-pressure environments.
• Proven leadership successes including expertise with organization, delegation, and accountability.
• Reputation for high level of integrity and impeccable professional ethics.
• Aggressively explores and evaluates cutting edge systems.
• Strategic thinker.
• Routinely anticipates business needs and industry trends.
• Dedicated, results oriented professional with a reputation for getting the job done.
• Superior team-builder.
• Effectively motivates individuals and teams to work towards a shared vision.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills.
Jyoti Desai is a banking and telecoms professional with more than 35 years in the industry.
Her achievements in banking (Standard Bank) include driving large scale transformation in the banking industry when it moved to streamline operational cost and shift focus to customer centric, segment based value propositions. Her strength lies in executing large scal projects in extremely challenging environments
She spent 6 years in the fixed line business transforming IT architecture, improving service delivery and assisting Telkom in implementing its ICT services business which went beyond selling pipes only. Led the build of a number of initiatives including a hosting data centre as well as a centralised GNOC for enterprise customers.
In the mobile business she has been involved in startups in MTN in Nigeria and Iran. As COO she created an Iran business on the lean enterprise model which scaled to 30 m subscribers within 5 years. Today this business is still run on the foundations that were set up.
As Group CTIO she has been instrumental in driving significant change in the network and IT space by driving focus towards business led capex spend and investment based on ROI in a competitive pricing environment with diminishing capex returns. This includes outsourcing and managed services. A number of standardisation projects were implemented.
She has also driven shared services in the East African hub ad and ERP and back office groupwide shared services project. Also drove the digital strategy across the MTN group as COO. She has been instrumental in driving mobile financial services including redesigning the apps for resilience in a high transaction environment A number of marketing improvements in pricing and customer facing processes have been implemented. In 2014 an extensive Customer experience management program was initiated with an initial focus on fixing the basics. In 2016 two vendors were tasked contracts to implement a Service operations centre in Nigeria, South Africa and Ghana . NPS was significantly improved through targeted product, service and network initiatives.
She has also been instrumental in helping business turnaround in struggling businesses by ensuring that the approach to the market is segment based and high value segments are serviced in a specialised manner. A key achievement is the turnaround in Nigeria after significant revenue share loss in the market from 2014 onwards. In December 2015 she successfully replaced the subscriber registration platform in Nigeria to drive the reregistration of 17m subscribers over a 45 day period.
Pradeep is a banking research and development and telecoms professional with 24 years in the industry. His achievements at Standard Bank includes transformation in the banking industry when it moved to streamline branch business operations and implement customer centric banking business aimed at segment based value propositions. Also involved in the banks customer quality focus initiatives aimed at directing customer facing staff to provide exceptional quality services to their customers. Implemented quality steps to sustain quality service (Manage Change, Facilitation, Decision Making and Conflict Management).
He has 8 years in the fixed line business transforming IT architecture and assisting Telkom in implementing its External Services business. Managed and Led a team in the build of infrastructure related initiatives and managed the IT external enterprise customer solutions including solutions within the hosted data centre product suite. Additionally, Managed senior technical leads and support vendors in the Infrastructure and operating system support domains for IBM, HP, SUN and WINDOWS platforms, Management of Maintenance and Support Contracts and operational reporting.
In the mobile business, he was involved in MTN Group transformation IT Shared Services. As Programme Manager, he managed the implementation of the initial ITSS Operating Model in the SEA region which introduced staff efficiencies and reduction in IT costs. Today ITSS is still run on the foundations that were set up, and later introduced to Sudan to leverage of synergies, achieve efficiencies and reduce IT costs in a volatile economy.
Administrative and Financial experience in compilation, control and management of operational and capital budgets including variance reporting. Also, was involved in IT internal recoveries, charge-outs and cost saving exercises. Worked closely with Vendors and Procurement in respect of capital projects.
Costing experience in the provision and creation of cost models for external customer solutions taking into account capital, program management, consultation, environment and operational costs for the provision of monthly and once off pricing by marketing.
Leading staff and management of project team’s performance of dedicated, virtual & matrix based resources, including contractors and vendors for small to large projects including performance for meeting tight deadlines within time and budget.